Pages

Saturday 6 October 2012

Cigarette - A Poem

You come out of that beautiful packet
and get gently squeezed between my index & the middle fingers,
to sacrifice thyself.

Perhaps for some, you are my aristocracy;
For some, you are the harmony in the jar of  my heart;
Some say, you are the hope alive when I am gloomy;
And my friend when I am alone;.

You burn thyself million times, to satiate my unceasing thirst;
Do you kill? Or I kill you?
I don't realize, I just know
You are a whisper in my silence;
You are the companion of my broken heart;
A resolution of my hesitant dream .

4 comments:

  1. Nice one dude. Although i don't like poetry.. may be because most of the time i don't understand poetry :). But this one is cool, Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one...I think it is the translation of ur assamese poem..I can remember few words from that poem...anyway keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thnx buddy. yes, it's indeed a translation of my Assamese Poem :)..
    btw, wish i cud knw ur name :)

    ReplyDelete