Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Doing Right: Dreams & Hopes

My friend Ankush said to me : "True Love is familial, which is why we often fail to love someone with whom we do not share any relation. Everyday, people are dying. Some are dying of hunger & some of cold. But, most people are dying the most unfortunate death. Do we really care?".
On this, I had to stop for a moment and refrain myself from taking the delicious bite of the lemon meringue pie.
He said: " Sometimes, I feel I should go and help someone in real need. May be, that's my calling. Perhaps, that will give me real peace".
I thought to take another bite of that flaky, delicious crust of lemon flavored pie. So, I interrupted and said: "May be you should donate your old cloths and some money to the ones who need. It'll help them". And I quickly had a bite from that pie again.
He was not convinced by my pie flavored advice. He continued: "Life is not about escaping from death. Life is about living and about hope. If I give them a piece of bread or cloth then I am not giving them hope. They may not physically die today, but they will someday. Everyone has to die. But, like a wise man said: it's only worth if we die while we are alive".
I laughed at this. I was done with the pie and it's taste titillated my heart. Sip of the diet coke was setting up the mood now. I said, "Who did you ever see dying while he's dead? Everyone dies while they are alive". I was happy to have found a mistake in what he said. We call it as a "defect" in software testing. I am good at my job. I have a dream to open my own software firm one day after gaining ample experience in this field. This dream fills my heart with joy every time I think of it.
Ankush did not say anything for sometime. Then he said: "Do you call it a living when there is no hope? When you don't know what your dreams are? You even don't know if you should have dreams?".
I got scared, as if someone is trying to take my dreams away. His words penetrated my heart and shook my little dream.The next moment, I realized that it's not about me. But, just the thought of not having a dream shook me. I could now feel what he was trying to say. We are alive when we have dreams and the hope of seeing those dreams come true. Otherwise, life has no much meaning. If we could give dreams & hopes to those who seek for them, we are making the biggest donation.

Doing Right - An Initiative by TATA Capital is about helping the hearing impaired and mute kids in finding a creative way of expressing themselves. It is an initiative to give these different & beautiful kids, some dreams & some hope & some skills to build their self belief. But, the story is not complete. It's only a half. Would you not want to complete the other half by making your contribution in cash or in kind? To know more on this initiative, please click on the following links:

Doing Right - An Initiative by TATA Capital
http://doright.in.









2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful and inspiring post. Yes by donating wisdom of thought we can empower the weaker heart. Empowered soul can find their dreams for doing right, which will bloom the seed of hope and trust to the society. This is really needed for a better world. Keep posting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by Bro!

    ReplyDelete