Pages

Sunday 28 October 2012

The Atheist who can become God

"I don't believe in God", my friend said this during a conversation on Religion and the need of it. He continued, "I am an Atheist and I am proud to be one as this is the Religion which divides us; Different Religions named their Gods differently and then the Religions fight with themselves to prove that only their form of God is correct". I was listening and he continued again; "I am Atheist & I don't believe in God. I know none of the Gods exist and therefore people like me will never fight for Religion. If everyone will become like me then World would have been a better place to live". There was a bit of silence now, I was listening him carefully. I tried to understand his points. So far he seemed to be correct. After pausing for sometime, he said "Now you say Mr. Religious Gentleman, what's your point?".

I smiled at him and said, "I will correct you here, I am not Religious, I am Spiritualist".
He laughed at me and said, "What's the big deal? There is no difference".

Now, I kept silent and smiled. I was thinking to myself, if I explain him then what to explain? Am I the right person to talk about spiritualism, when my own knowledge is so limited? If I would explain him the same, there is a chance of delivering the wrong message. When the Holy Books couldn't deliver the message properly, who am I to define spiritualism? Nobody told me about it, I have realized it all by myself.

I told him, "I can not define Spiritualism, you have to read the Holy Books with an open mind. Try to understand the moral which it want's to deliver. Do not go by words, do not go by the sentences, understand the meaning. Religion from my understanding is nothing but a translation of the Spiritual knowledge. A translation for the common people to understand. All Religion tries to teach us the happy ways of living; nourishing the spirit in us; to achieve excellence in what we do, to control our negative emotions; to enrich us with intellect.
If we understand it wrong, that actually means somebody did a poor translation of the eternal knowledge of spirit.
Being Religious is to follow the translated copy of spiritualism. Religion is nothing but a low level description of the Spiritualism. Spiritualism teaches us to become God. Independent of all the fears and worries. Attaining excellence. If Religion is a poor translation, it will tell you to fear God. Unfortunately, we learn Religion from others. We do not study ourselves. When you call yourself as Atheist, you actually are denying to fear someone called God whom you have never met.  That is logical. But, at least for once try reading any of the Holy Books by yourself to understand Spiritualism but not to be Religious. After you have read, I'll continue with this topic with you."

3 comments:

  1. Palmistry is old fashioned, modern educated people find it very difficult to believe that someone can predict the future by reading your palm. Now a days intellectuals really enjoy prediction by the modern tarot card. Similarly religion is also becoming old fashioned. Due to lack of any logic to justify any religion, intellectuals find it difficult to accept it from their heart. But it's very difficult for human beings to live life on their own. People always need someone to control their life. There was a big opportunity in the intellectual market and the modern God man identified it and executed his business very well. Religion is old fashioned but Spiritualism is the modern approach. I am not against any one. Everyone should be happy and they shouldn't harm anyone for their happiness. I am really happy by being an Atheist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading this Jahid!... We both are standing in the opposite sides of the coin. What is "head" for you looks like a "tail" to me... and yes, we are talking about the same coin :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete