Pages

Thursday 18 October 2012

Mango People In a Banana Republic

Perhaps you were thinking about me when you wrote this.
Yes, I am the Mango People in this Banana Republic.
Mangoes & Bananas are very costly these days. But I am not.
They call me as 'Cheap Labor' and so they assign me work.
I work day and night to earn few Dollars from them.
Actually, I don't get the Dollars;
I get small portion of the Total in Rupees.
And that makes me a cheap labor.
My earning is better when Rupee is down.
That way 'Banana Republic" sometimes works for me.
However, my money is not enough;
But, I still pay my dues to this Republic for Country's sake.
Perhaps you appreciate my effort and so you were thinking of me.
They say you are rich & powerful.
I am happy that if you have thought of me,
You'll surely try to improve this Banana Republic for this Mango Man.
I have been dreaming of making my Country rich & prosperous since 1947.
I have been working day & night to achieve my dream.
Don't let all my efforts go in vein.
I am happy being 'Mango',
But it hurts when they call me a 'Cheap Labor'.
You are neither a 'Mango' & nor a 'Cheap Labor'
But, I hope you'll understand my pain,
As for once you have thought of Me & my Republic.








2 comments:

  1. Insightful poetry. But the cheap labor you are talking about today forms the top 5% of the well to do section of the 1.2B Indians :) We certainly NEVER feel the pain of 95% of the mango people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by.. yes, we certainly do not feel the pain of the 95% Indians. If we try to feel it, world will certainly be a better place.

    ReplyDelete